* 6 cups vegetable broth
* 2 cups dried green split peas, rinsed
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 cup chopped carrots
* 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 5 tablespoons shredded carrots
* 2 green onions, sliced
1.In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
2.Add salt (pink Himalayan salt) and pepper; simmer 10 minutes longer. Cool slightly. In small batches, puree soup in a blender(Vitamix); return to the pan. Heat for 5 minutes. Garnish with shredded carrots and green onions.